We develop and grow relationships that get remarkable things done. We can deliver your policy projects at every level, from local to global. Let us help you start a conversation that gets the results you need.
Even a small investment in government relations can generate the power to take your work to the next level.
At Baird’s CMC, our experience in building effective relationships with politicians, policy makers, and regulators in sexual and reproductive health is second to none.
We have supported the introduction of innovative treatments and technologies.
Our work has led to changes in law, changes in policy direction and long term political support for programmes and activities.
What we’ve done
- We helped get the first AIDS vaccine trials going in India
- We worked with patient groups, professionals and economists to develop what was probably the first thought piece on value-based pricing in Hepatitis C
- We’ve worked on communications about family planning with Partners in Population & Development, an inter-governmental group that is made up of China, India, South Africa and over 20 other countries — most of them predominantly Muslim
- We helped GNP+, the global organisation of HIV positive people, to deal with a crisis
- We analysed why it’s apparently politically acceptable that 60,000 Indian women a year die needlessly from cervical cancer (using the HPV Vaccine would prevent about 80 percent of India’s cases as today’s adolescents grow up)
We don’t shy away from difficult conversations.
We are pragmatic, well-informed and well-connected.
We know how to support you to reach those whose influence matters.
We can work with you to build coalitions across sectors that create a platform for your work that gets results.
The Baird’s CMC team, along with our consultants and our implementation partners throughout the world, specialises in policy initiatives and all aspects of their implementation.
We can offer you analysis and mapping that will cut a clear path through the maze of government departments and officials, agencies and think-tanks.
Our experience includes preparation of briefings, development of international advisory groups, events management, capacity building, reporting, troubleshooting and crisis management.
We understand how to work with power brokers and policy makers to ensure that market entry for new services and technologies progresses quickly and easily.