Simba specializes in development policy formulation and implementation, political risk assessment, analysis of donor-government joint funding strategies, assessment of partnership potential against organizational objectives, and strategic analysis of commercial and trade opportunities.
Formerly Executive Secretary of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and Minister for Finance and Economic Development for the government in Zimbabwe, Simba has unique management, policy and international relations expertise, gained from working at ministerial level. As a member of government, Simba was also minister in the portfolios of agriculture, industry and energy, and youth, sports and culture.
Simba Makoni is a skilled and insightful business advisor who takes a determined approach for clients when progressing commercial, governmental and non-governmental initiatives and partnerships in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- insight into the political and commercial environments of Eastern and Southern Africa;
- policy, advocacy and international diplomacy expertise
- helping international development organisation establish relations with local business organisations
- cultivation of relations with national or local authorities.
- Associate, Baird’s CMC
- Managing Director, Makonsult
One of Baird’s CMC’s earliest members, Simba also founded and is Managing Director of Makonsult, based in Zimbabwe.