Paul Tanner is an award winning communications specialist specialising in HIV with at risk populations. Paul is the Chairman of the healthcare communications company, 90TEN. Since 2001 he led outreach communications for Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London -Europe’s largest HIV centre – to encourage MSM to regularly test for HIV and to be vaccinated against Hepatitis A&B. His work has included launching a central London sexual health clinic, 56 Dean Street, a postal testing HIV service and the world’s first do it yourself sexual health clinic which has become the UK’s busiest sexual health clinic. His passion is in creating programmes that improve people’s lives. He has a strong track record in delivering improvements in health outcomes for pharmaceutical, healthcare and the National Health Service in the UK.
- In the pharmaceutical sector, Paul has worked on communications and medical education programmes for HIV medicines including Prezista, Intelence, Edurant, Combivir and Trizivir and helped launch the antiretroviral, Kivexa, in 2006
- Working with Stephen Fry, launched a crowd sourcing campaign to encourage the gay community to create the next generation of advertising for HIV that drives testing for the virus
- Working with Bayer to improve the dialogue between teenagers and general practitioners around the range of contraceptive devices available to them
- Working with a local government in the UK to reduce teenage pregnancy by empowering teenagers to create their own intervention to successfully bring about an 11 per cent reduction in teen pregnancy
- work with the South African Charity, MADaboutArt, to bring children together across the world to understand and fight HIV and AIDS through art and education
Paul’s innovative work in behaviour change in the areas of HIV, Hepatitis C and reproductive health has won prestigious awards from among others the British Medical Journal (Award for Transforming Health Using Technology), the Health Service Journal (Improving Care with Technology) and two Communiqué Awards.
- Behavior change
- Medical education
- Public relations
- Advocacy and patient engagement
- Product launches
- Issues management
- Associate, Baird’s CMC
- Chairman, 90TEN