James Snodgrass has considerable experience in delivering large scale evidence based projects in the area of sexual and reproductive health. As a consultant for Interscience in the 90s, he launched International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, the first PDP, at the Vancouver AIDS Conference in 1996. Later he delivered an advocacy project for DFID on improving access to prevention technologies for HIV, culminating in a conference to increase donor focus on emerging technologies such as microbicides.
James has over two decades of experience in the health and development field and offers exceptional expertise in health policy research and development, global product positioning, communications planning, stakeholder and donor relationships, demand forecasting, and advocacy. He has extensive knowledge and understanding of the healthcare systems in Europe and many sub-Saharan African countries. He is adept at using diverse data to influence the highest levels of health policy decision-making. Recent work includes:
- looking at potential demand for HIV vaccines for Merck & Co in 28 rich and poor countries
- a major stakeholder mapping project for ViiV Healthcare, focusing on global influencers in HIV/AIDS
- a collaboration with RAND Europe doing market access research in hepatitis C
James’ main areas of specialisation are vaccines and innovative funding, and his expertise has been used by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the AERAS TB Vaccine Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and the John Hopkins School Bloomberg School of Public Health, amongst others. He has worked on accounts for leading global health organisations, including the Department for International Development (DFID), Rockefeller Foundation and the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, and an extensive portfolio of pharmaceutical clients, including Merck & Co, Abbott, Roche, Schering Plough, and Ferring, with work for the latter company focused on treatment for preterm birth.
- strategy development
- project management
- analysing, writing and presenting policy research data and evaluation frameworks related to public health issues, primarily related to medicines and vaccines.
Associate, Baird’s CMC
- AERAS TB Vaccine Foundation
- the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- the Hewlett Foundation
- the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- Merck & Co., Inc.